Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Diet & Nutrition: 10 Healthy Foods You Should Always Have in Your Kitchen



     On your way to a healthier lifestyle, you have to maintain your motivation when it comes to your diet and eating habits.  Good overall health and fitness comes with good nutrition.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, you are now going to frequent the grocery store rather than the drive-thru.  Keep your kitchen stocked with fresh and healthy foods so that there is no excuse to eat fast-food.  When I first began my health transformation, I was very strict with my new clean diet.  I made sure to make weekly trips to the grocery store so that I always had my favorite healthy foods on hand.  At first, I was an 'amateur' healthy eater and grocery shopper, but after a little while I quickly became accustomed to my new healthy diet and lifestyle -- I became a pro at 'healthy shopping' and eating, and it became effortless.  Here is an example of 10 healthy food items that I would make sure to always have in my kitchen, and which made eating healthily easier:
  • Fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries)
  • Natural peanut butter (no added sugar or salt)
  • Spinach
  • Whole grain bread/tortillas
  • Skim milk
  • Almonds and other assorted nuts
  • Eggs
  • Low-fat yogurt
  • Fresh-cut veggies (carrots, broccoli, bell pepper, cauliflower, cucumber)
  • Frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
     This is a brief and basic example of some healthy foods I always make sure to have on hand -- they make for a variety of nutritious snacks and meals, and they are a good list of staples to start with.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment