Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

You Are Capable of Far More Than You've Ever Imagined...

     For those of you who don't believe you can change your life and achieve your goals, lack inspiration, or need motivation, try this on for size:  Just one year after I began exercising and living a more healthy lifestyle, I ran my first marathonThat's right, 26.2 miles in five hours and thirty-one minutes, a seemingly impossible feat that many people (including my own friends) did not believe I could do.  Rather than receive words of encouragement, I was told that I was attempting something hopeless and impossible.  This only motivated me further.  At that point, giving up was not an option -- I knew I had to make it to the finish line to prove not only to others that I could do it, but to myself, as well.  It was an indescribable physical and mental journey; only then did I fully realize the power of determination (and the human body).  I understood then that you really can do anything you put your mind to -- do not let discouragement or others stand in your way.  Two months ago, I ran and completed my second Los Angeles Marathon, much to everyone's continued awe and surprise.  Two years ago, I could barely one run mile -- believe in endless possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment