Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Healthy Dinner Idea: Vegan Tacos, Rice, and Beans

     For a delicious post-workout meal, tonight I looked to south-of-the-border inspirations.  While not a practicing vegan, I love trying new things and experiencing different culinary practices.  So, I prepared vegan soyrizo meatless tacos with organic brown rice and red beans -- they were flavorful, fresh, and I never would have known that I was not eating real chorizo :).  My healthy tacos consisted of:
  • Whole grain, white corn, organic tortillas
  • Soyrizo (meatless, vegan, chorizo-flavored soy product -- and delicious I might add)
  • Vegan cheese (dairy-free)
  • Fresh arugula
  • Tomatoes
  • Avocado
  • Red onion
  • Jalapeno
     Simply pan-fry the soyrizo on high heat until desired crispiness is reached.  Warm tortillas on a skillet, cut up your fresh veggies, and enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment